Pre-Conference Tours visiting some of best businesses in Hobart
It is a tradition of the national conference that delegates spend a day visiting the exceptional industry businesses of host State, and the 2018 Conference is no exception.
Delegates can choose from two tours which focus on either production businesses or retail businesses in an optional pre-conference experience on Monday 19 February 2018.
You will be stopping at either the famous Willie Smiths Apple Shed or Pooleys Wines for lunch as well as capturing the beautiful sites of the Huon Valley or the historic Butchers Hill Vineyard.
Early bird registration for the conference is now open and with places on the tours limited, today is a great day to register for conference.
The Growing Edge national conference is celebrating the hardworking community of the Australian nursery and garden industry. The conference will demonstrate that with focused leadership, progressive thinking, community resilience, and strong innovation and R&D, Nursery & Garden Industry professionals are at the growing edge of positive change.
The Conference features:
- Keynote talks from The Gourmet Farmer , Matthew Evans ; Grower Talks Editor, Chris Beytes ; Futurist, Rose Herceg .
- Workshops will be delivered by Angus Stewart and the team from University of Tasmania who deliver the Horticultural Masterclass.
- Presentations on the latest research, including the results of the Nursery Statistics and Research project; updates on biosecurity and plant diseases; retail merchandising; levy activities and particularly the recently launched greenlife consumer campaign Plant Life Balance and more .
- The presentation of the Final Report from the Structural Change Advisory Committee.
- Networking events including a cruise up the Derwent River to the world-famous MONA – Museum of Old & New Art and casual evening at the Hobart Brewing Company
- An exhibition showcasing suppliers to the industry and leading innovation in industry technology.
Full details for the tours are available here.
To register CLICK HERE
For more information visit www.ngia.com.au or contact us on 02 8861 5100.