Current RD&E Projects
The NGIA Environment and Technical Committee provides independent direction and input into the research, development & extension projects being undertaken by NGIA. This committee also provides strategic leadership on key environmental and technical issues to ensure alignment with the Nursery Industry 2010-2015 Strategic Plan.
An overview of current research, development & extension projects include:
- The development of research linkages between the nursery industry, research and government organisations through student research projects
- Access to Minor Use Permits (new or renewals) to provide producers with access to safer, low risk agrichemicals. Further information on permits developed by NGIA can be sourced through APVMA www.apvma.gov.au
- A waste audit and gap analysis of Australian production nurseries to develop best practice in waste management
- An evaluation of water disinfestation treatment options for key pathogens to validate the requirements of the Nursery Production Farm Management System
- A review of nursery industry crop monitoring and surveillance methodologies to guide producers in applying a monitoring and surveillance program(s) for key pests across production systems