This website is best viewed through Mozilla Firefox. Click here to download .
This section is here to help employers, employees and those wanting to find a job in the industry. If you have a position vacant or are looking for a position in the industry - this is the place to be!
Listings are currently free.
For further information on how and what you can list, please go to either the Positions Wanted or the Positions Vacant pages (below).
Nursery Production Manager – Tasmania.
We represent Driscoll’s Australia in recruiting this Nursery role based just out of Launceston. This is a very important position for this growing business and we are looking specifically for candidates who have exposure to Hydroponics/Glasshouse type nursery management.
This is a career position and would fit a suitably qualified individual looking for a secure position within this US owned business – the largest Berry grower and marketer world wide.
For more information, please contact Paul Wilson on 0414 532 708 or send your details to:
City of Whitehorse - Managing and Maintaining Natural Environments
An exciting new position has been created to lead the City of Whitehorse in managing and maintaining it's natural environments. As a senior role within our ParksWide Department, you will be expected to demonstrate leadership and guidance within your own team and in the wider community.
You will be responsible for the overall management of the Arbor, Bushland and Education and Environment Units,. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with staff management in an operational context, expertise in environment strategy and policy, strong project management skills and be an excellent communicator.
You are a team player with the ability to drive change and innovation within a diverse workforce.
If this is you, then the City of Whitehorse can offer you a collaborative, supportive, achievement orientated work environment with scope to leave your mark.
Further information is available from Nigel Brown on 9262 6220. Applications must address the key selection criteria contained in the position description. Applications close 1 November 2017.
Visit http://whitehorse.mercury.com.au to register your details to apply for the position(Posted to this site October 2017)
Garden Nursery & Outdoor Furniture Sales Assistant
Adelaide's favourite hardware store is looking for keen, hardworking people to join our Garden team.
An award-winning company that has plans for even better services.
Join us in our quest to be the best, again.
Main roles are to serve customers and provide technical advice, properly display the plants and other stock, regular daily housekeeping and many other duties.
You MUST have knowledge of plants and how to look after them. Pesticides, insecticides, fertilizers and soils.
Or you MUST have knowledge of BBQs and Outdoor Furniture.
Its hot work in summer and cold work in winter.
Glynde Mitre 10 has been around for over 60 years and still going strong, so be a part of it, join our success.
Applicants with formal Horticultural training, or in current training and have a forklift licence will have an advantage.
The position may evolve into a permanent full-time or part-time role.
Send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Posted to this site 27.03.17)
Title: PROPAGATION MANAGER / Western Australia
Reports to: Managing Director
Job Purpose: Manage the daily production of plants from seed, cutting, grafting and tissue culture deflasking, to achieve monthly production targets.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Prioritise workload in order to achieve production KPI’s & quality targets
- Coordinate the collection of cuttings, both on and off site
- Manipulate propagation environments to maximise strike rate/germination
- Monitor germinations to ensure production targets will be met
- Ensure regular maintenance to irrigation systems related to propagation
- Monitor & treat pest and diseases in propagation areas
- Implement integrated pest management program as required
- Manage a stock plant program to ensure cutting availability
- Carry out trials as required
Administration, Record Keeping & Reporting
- Weekly involvement in management meeting on progress of cutting program, along with any issues
- Recruit, train and manage a propagation staff of over 12 team members
- Monitor daily output & ensure records are up to date
- Oversee the ordering of seeds, tissue cultures and other consumables
- Ensure all stock produced is labelled in accordance with guidelines
- Develop and maintain comprehensive records for propagation
- Reconcile deliveries, including tissue cultures against invoices
- Regular contact and instruction to staff assisting with propagation
- Regular contact with Production Scheduler
- Daily contact with Production Manager
- Daily contact with Managing Director
- Suppliers as required
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 10 years propagation experience in a nursery producing over 2 million plants per annum
- Good computer knowledge
T: +61 8 9323 0274