Established in 1945, Nursery and Garden Industry Australia Limited (NGIA) is the peak industry body representing commercial growers, retailers and suppliers in Australia.NGIA is charged with providing leadership, support, and additional resources to drive key industry initiatives, which meet the goals of the industry strategic plan.
Our Industry Vision
A unified Australian nursery and garden industry that is productive, profitable and sustainable
The five key objectives of the Industry strategic plan 2010 - 15 are:
- MARKET: Increase the sales value of nursery products and services through marketing and promotion;
- CAPACITY:Enhance the capacity and efficiency of the industry's resources through upgrading industry skills, knowledge and practice;
- COMMUNICATIONS: Build industry support through shaping government, public and related industry understanding of the industrys benefits, and enhance these benefits through collaboration;
- INNOVATION: Invest in nursery product/service development to enable the industry to respond to growth opportunities and challenges; and
- GOVERNANCE: Support the industry through services and resources that enhance its capacity to respond to issues, capture opportunities and achieve the vision of this strategic plan.