The 2012 National Conference was held March 13-16 2012 on the Gold Coast!
Every second year the Nursery & Garden Industry Australia hosts a national conference as part of our commitment to developing the skills of Industry and providing an opportunity to network. The conference is a levy funded project and aims to provide a platform for the dissemination of information for the benefit of whole of industry.
AIM OF THE NGIA CONFERENCE
• To provide a forum for delivery and exchange of information particularly relevant to the development and prosperity of the industry.
OUTCOMES TO BE ACHIEVED
• Facilitate the adoption of R&D and marketing outcomes through the presentation and transfer of findings and new ideas from the above programs
• Increase industry profile to internal and external stakeholders
• Build networks and relationships with partners within and outside the industry
• Present the industry's strategic direction and future direction potential by identifying future issues and challenges and possible solutions
• Develop skills and knowledge base through workshops and other such forums to address conference topics.
• Exhibit trade information and materials.
The conference is held in a different state each year so that the nursery industry within that state can showcase itself to the rest of the country.
The conference is usually a three day event comprising general, specialist environmental and technical session with tours of businesses within both the production and retail sectors. It also incorporates the National Industry Awards presentations where the best of our industry are recognised.